Position: Program & Client Services Coordinator
1 year contract, Full time
The Program & Client Services Coordinator will provide support services to individuals living with epilepsy and their loved ones. In addition, the Coordinator will develop, organize, and facilitate a new program in which youth with epilepsy will participate in creative activities to tell their epilepsy stories, explore emotions, increase self-esteem, and be more prepared to transition to adulthood with a disability. The project will culminate in a showcase in which all participants are invited to share their work publicly.
- Develop program (including selecting activities and workshop format)
- Organize workshops (including recruiting participants, booking appropriate workshop leaders)
- Facilitate workshops (including managing day-of activities, facilitating discussion of sensitive topics)
- Coordinate showcase (including booking location, promoting event, curating program, preparing work for showing)
- Conduct program evaluation
- Work with clients one-on-one and in groups
- Identify areas of need, find necessary resources, provide information, and make referrals
- Facilitate support groups and social activities
Post-secondary degree in a related area or equivalent experience – e.g. Social Work, Health Promotion, Social Services. Experience and knowledge directly related to the essential job functions must be defined in cover letter.
- Minimum two years professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and the public
- Caring and compassionate by nature
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, public speaking and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with individuals that are part of a vulnerable community or are living with a chronic health condition.
- Demonstrated organization skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and triage.
- Understanding and respect for diversity and those with disabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, self-directed with the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Capacity to work under changing conditions
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Highly focused on attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Windows based software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism an asset
The schedule of Program & Client Services Coordinator will be primarily during typical office hours, but will include some evening and weekend meetings or activities. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits on a 1 year contract with a possibility for renewal.
About Epilepsy Ottawa
Epilepsy Ottawa is a not-for-profit, charitable agency dedicated to improving the quality of life for those living with epilepsy or seizure disorders and those closest to them through support services, education, advocacy, and on-going public awareness. The agency provides services to those affected by epilepsy in the Ottawa region, including the wider rural communities (Lanark County, Renfrew County, Prescott-Russell County, and Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Counties).
Epilepsy Ottawa is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know through your cover letter.
While we appreciate all applications – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Wednesday September 19, 2018.