Are you tough enough?
On Sunday October 28, 2018, teams of 10 will descend on Lansdowne Park – East Court to demonstrate that they have the fortitude to pull an Ottawa Fire Services fire truck 100 feet. They’ll compete to see who can pull the truck the fastest, raise the most money for a good cause, or demonstrate the most team spirit.
This event is presented in collaboration with City of Ottawa Lansdowne Park and Ottawa Fire Services.
Who can enter a team?
Anyone can put together a team. Just grab up to 9 friends who are at least 13 years old, register, and raise at least $1,000 – that’s just $100 each!
What if I don’t want to pull a fire truck?
Come on out for an afternoon of family friendly activities. Watch the teams compete, get your photo taken in an Ottawa Fire Services uniform, check out the antique fire trucks, and enjoy face painting, games, prizes, and much more!
I own a business and want to get involved.
- Enter a team as a team building experience for your employees
- Become a team, challenge, or event sponsor (sponsorship package coming soon)
How do I register?
Registration is now open.
Expand Instructions SectionInstructions
- Go to the registration page.
- Click on the “Create a Team” button on the registration page
- Enter your email address.
- If you have a Canada Helps account, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- If you do not have a Canada Helps account you will be prompted to create a free account by confirming your email address and creating a password.
- If you have created a new account, you will be prompted to fill in your name, address, city, country, and postal code (province is optional). If you sign in with an existing Canada Helps account, this information is automatically entered in the form.
- If you are joining as a company team, you can enter your company’s name.
- You will be prompted to set up a Personal Fundraising Page.*
- Choose a page name.
- You have the option of changing the personal fundraising goal.
- Upload an image.
- You have the option of editing the fundraising story or keep our suggested template.
- You will be prompted to set up a Team Fundraising Page.
- Enter your team name.
- You have the option of changing the team’s overall goal, but your team must raise at least $1,000 to be guaranteed the opportunity of pulling a fire truck at the event
- Upload an image.
- You have the option of editing the team’s fundraising story or keep our suggested template.
Once you have completed step 7, you will see the “Manage My Team” page.
- Go to the “Details” tab and scroll down to the “Access Status” section. Select “I will send all invitations to join.” This will give you complete control over who joins your team.
- Please download the Registration Kit from the Welcome page, complete the Team Contact Form (page 3 of the Registration Kit) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of registering or by Friday October 19, 2018, whichever comes first.
- The Registration Kit includes the participant Waiver Form (pages 5-6) and a Donation Form (page 7) to track cash and cheque donations. Please distribute these forms to all teammates. Teammates that launch Personal Fundraising Pages can also access these forms on the Welcome tab when they manage their Personal Fundraising Page.
- Invite any teammates that want their own Personal Fundraising Page:
- Go to the “Team Members” tab
- Click on the “Email” button
- Enter the first name, last name, and email address, then click add
- Repeat step c for each teammate who wishes to launch a Personal Fundraising Page.
- Click the “Invite” button.
*Personal Fundraising Pages and Team Fundraising Pages:
Team Captains will need to set up a Personal Fundraising Page and a Team Fundraising Page. Your teammates have the choice of doing all of your online fundraising through your Team Fundraising Page or Personal Fundraising Pages in addition to the Team Fundraising Page.
All funds raised through Personal Fundraising Pages will be added to the fundraising total of the Team Fundraising Page.
If some teammates want a Personal Fundraising Page and others don’t, that’s ok. Anyone (other than the Team Captain) who doesn’t want a Personal Fundraising Page can do their online fundraising through the Team Fundraising Page. These teammates won’t be able to log in and manage the page (e.g. add offline donations to the team total) but they can share the link to the Team Fundraising Page with their friends and family as they raise funds.
Each team will be provided with a shortened URL for the Team Fundraising Page and each person who sets up a Personal Fundraising Page will be provided with a shortened URL for that page.
I’m interested in becoming a sponsor.
Download our sponsor package here to find out about our range of sponsor opportunities.