Are you a creative, innovative youth with a graphic design background looking for on the job experience? We may have just the position for you.
Thanks to the Canada Summer Jobs Program, Epilepsy Ottawa is funded to hire 1 youth as a Graphic Designer this summer.
1 position: 35 hours/week, 8 weeks, $16.00/hour
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design promotional and educational material for print and web. Work will include redesign e-newsletter, creating material to promote programs and events, designing social media graphics.
- Develop awareness/education campaign material for local and national use
Desired Level of Education
This role will provide practical experience to youth pursuing careers in graphic design.
- Creative, innovative
- Strong writing skills are an asset
- Ability to manage several projects, stick with timelines, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative, work well independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, responsive to guidance, and be open to trying new possibilities
- Enthusiasm for the not-for-profit sector and helping vulnerable communities is an asset
- Skilled with and access to graphic design programs (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
In order to meet the requirements of the Canadian Summer Jobs program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Other Important Information
- Office and building are wheelchair accessible.
- Location is accessible by OC Transpo.
Please submit CV along with portfolio and/or link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 13 at noon.