Sunday, March 26
2:00 – 4:00 PM
Ottawa City Hall
110 Laurier Avenue West
Grab your loved ones, your ice skates and your favourite purple clothes, then join us for our Purple Day Celebration at Ottawa City Hall.
- Mayor Jim Watson will present a Purple Day proclamation
- City Councillor Mathieu Fleury will help us launch our Shine Light on Epilepsy immersive project.
- Other featured guests and speakers include:
- MPP John Fraser (Ottawa South)
- MPP Lisa MacLeod (Nepean-Carleton)
- Dr. Tad Fantaneanu (epilepsy specialist at the Civic)
- Shaun Kehoe will share his epilepsy story
- Ice skating on Rink of Dreams (Don’t forget to bring your skates!)
- Ruby’s Cotton Candy Club with specialty flavour Purple Day Rocks!
- Epilepsy trivia games
- Thumbs Up for Epilepsy nail painting station
- Shine Light on Epilepsy photo booth
- And more!
We will have Purple Day t-shirts as free souvenirs for those who attend the party. Numbers and sizes may be limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis. If you reserved your shirt before the deadline, we will set it aside until 3pm at the party. Then those reserved shirts will be returned to the give-away stock.
Special thanks to our generous event sponsor:
(RSVPs are not mandatory for Epilepsy Ottawa events. They simply help give us an idea of how many people to expect. If you don’t RSVP, you are always still welcome to join us.)
Interested in organizing your own awareness raising activities for Epilepsy Awareness Month or Purple Day? Check out our list of DIY suggestions here.