Epilepsy Ottawa is proud to be an official charity of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge for the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend on May 25-26, 2019.
The Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend is home to Canada’s largest marathon and features 6 unique running events attracting over 43,000 participants, 2,500 volunteers, tens of thousands of spectators resulting in an economic impact of over $27 million annually to the National Capital Region. In addition to being Canada’s largest running weekend, the event features many of the fastest men and women competing in a world class elite field. Race Weekend also supports the efforts of runners and donors from over 60 local and national charities who raise over $800,000 annually through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge. We hope you’ll mark your calendars and get ready to run, cheer or volunteer, May 25th-26th. This is your race in 2019! www.runottawa.ca
If you want to support Epilepsy Ottawa in this event, you can do any or all of the following:
– Register for any Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend Event, join the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and select Epilepsy Ottawa as your charity. You’ll find us listed by our legal name Epilepsy Ontario (Ottawa-Carleton) on the list of charities. Check out our Registration Instructions
– Join Nikki Porter, Stephanie Youngdale and other members of the epilepsy community for the family friendly (strollers welcome) 2K walk on May 25. (Complete the form below to walk with Nikki, Stephanie, or other participants supporting Epilepsy Ottawa in your event.)
– Join Team Epilepsy and help us raise epilepsy awareness by wearing purple and letting people know how many people in our community are affected by epilepsy.
If you would like to run or walk with other Epilepsy Ottawa supporters during your Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend event, fill out the form below. We’ll get in touch with you in May to coordinate participants.
Some Important Tips:
- Register for the event ahead of time – You may not be able to register the day of the event.
- Pick up your race kit ahead of time – Race kits must be picked up in order to participate, and they are not available at the starting line. Run Ottawa will announce the location and times to pick up your race kit closer to the event.
- If you’ve registered for the 2k and want to walk with the Epilepsy Ottawa team, meet us at the purple flag or marker in front of Ottawa City Hall at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday May 25, 2019.
- The earlier you register, the lower the registration fee. Check out our Registration Instructions for more details.