I’ve launched my Face to Face campaign page on Canada Helps. Now what?
Use this FACE TO FACE TOOL KIT to ask for donations.
You can also download this tool kit.
For every $100 you raise, you will support ONE person with epilepsy. If you want to support more people with epilepsy, please change ONE person in the text you copy and paste from the tool kit to the number of people you want to support. For example, if you set a goal of raising $1,000 to support 10 people, change “ONE person” in the script, email, and posts below to “TEN people”
How long is the Face to Face campaign?
Epilepsy Ottawa’s Face to Face campaign launches in November and runs through the end of the year.
Who should I ask for donations?
Ask everyone you know. Ask your friends, family members, co-workers, and people you’re connected to on social media. You can create your own message or simply use the tools provided in this tool kit to ask for $10 donations.
Can someone donate more than $10?
Definitely! People can donate any amount.
Are donations eligible for charitable tax receipts?
Absolutely! People who make donations of $10 or more through your Face to Face campaign page on will receive a charitable tax receipt by email from Canada Helps.
I can’t collect donations online, but I want to participate. What can I do?
There are two other ways that you can participate in the campaign.
- Ask your friends, family, and larger network to donate to Epilepsy Ottawa’s Face to Face campaign on our main campaign page (epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign).
- Email us at email@example.com and let us know. We can provide you with a numbered donation form with all the information you’ll need to collect donations for the Face to Face campaign. Please note that you must mail or drop off your form with all donations you raised at the end of the campaign. When you include the full name and mailing address of donors who contribute $10 or more to your campaign, we will mail them a charitable tax receipt.
How can I make a bigger impact?
- Set a larger goal. For every $100 you raise, you are funding 1 person struggling with epilepsy in a face-to-face meeting. The basic goal is to raise $100, but if you want to support 2, 5, or 10 people set your goal to $200, $500, or $1,000 respectively. Share your goal in your emails, in person requests, and social media posts and encourage your network to help you reach that goal.
- Invite your friends and family to start their own Face to Face campaign by signing up at epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign. At the end of this tool kit, we’ve provided some suggested scripts for email or social media to help you to encourage others to start their own Face to Face campaigns.
Tell personal stories:
- If you or someone you love has epilepsy, share your story. Explain how support, education and advocacy services have helped your family. If these services were not available to you when you were struggling or you did not know they were available, share how they would have helped you get through a tough time.
- When asking people to donate $10, tell them why this matters to you.
Do you have epilepsy?
Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make it look like our other Face to Face campaign images with the campaign logo and the slogan “Just $10 will go a long way to help someone like me.”
Do you have a family member with epilepsy?
Send your photo to email@example.com and we’ll make it look like our other Face to Face campaign images with the campaign logo and the slogan “Just $10 will go a long way to help a family like mine.”
Expand Script SectionScript
(Start with a short description about your personal connection to epilepsy here or why supporting this campaign matters to you).
Did you know that there are nearly 10,000 people with epilepsy in the Ottawa area? Just $10 will go a long way to support one of them.
Epilepsy Ottawa provides face-to-face support to help people with epilepsy and their families with tips on living well with epilepsy, understand their rights at work, access financial resources, and more. Each face-to-face meeting costs about $100, but they provide this service FREE OF CHARGE.
I’m asking 10 people to donate $10 to support ONE of these 10,000 people in Epilepsy Ottawa’s Face to Face campaign. Will you donate $10 to help me show people with epilepsy in my community that we support them?
Expand Email SectionEmail
Did you know that there are nearly 10,000 people with epilepsy in the Ottawa area? Just $10 will go a long way to supporting one of them.
Epilepsy Ottawa provides face-to-face support to help individuals and families struggling with epilepsy to understand how to live well with epilepsy, their rights in the workplace, available financial resources and more. Each face-to-face meeting costs about $100, but they provide this service FREE OF CHARGE.
I’m asking 10 people to donate $10 to support one of these 10,000 people in Epilepsy Ottawa’s Face to Face campaign.
(You can add a short description here about your personal connection to epilepsy or why supporting this campaign matters to you).
Epilepsy Ottawa wants to create a community where people affected by epilepsy are empowered and supported to live life to the fullest, free of stigma and barriers.
Let’s show those 10,000 people living with epilepsy in our community that we support them. Donate today!
If you are unable to donate, please consider joining the campaign (www.epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign). For every 10 friends that donate $10, you’ll be supporting one person struggling with epilepsy.
Expand Images SectionImages
To download an image, right click on the image and then click on “save image as.” If you have any difficulty downloading images, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we’ll email them directly to you.
Social Media posts
Expand Suggested Social Media Posts SectionSuggested Social Media Posts
Expand Share this story about how common epilepsy is SectionShare this story about how common epilepsy is
Expand Share this story about epilepsy and social isolation SectionShare this story about epilepsy and social isolation
Do you want to have an even greater impact?
Encourage your friends and family to launch their own Face to Face page on Canada Helps. Share the following on social media or by email.
Help me support people with epilepsy by joining Epilepsy Ottawa’s Face to Face campaign. Collect $10 donations from 10 people to support ONE person struggling with epilepsy in a face-to-face meeting with support staff at Epilepsy Ottawa. Visit www.epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign to get started.
Help support people with epilepsy like me. $10 from 10 friends is all it takes. Visit www.epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign to get started.
I’m supporting ONE person with epilepsy in my Face to Face campaign. How many will you support? www.epilepsyottawa.ca/jointhecampaign.