We provide information, resources, and community referrals to people with epilepsy and their families.
Epilepsy Ottawa offers Clinic to Community to teens with epilepsy and families whose children have epilepsy. Whether you’re dealing with a new epilepsy diagnosis, or you feel that your family could use more information about living well with epilepsy, reducing the risks associated with seizures, identifying when a seizure is a medical emergency, or school support, we’d be happy to meet with you.
Epilepsy Connect Ottawa is a one-on-one peer mentor program for adults with epilepsy and parents whose children (young or grown) have epilepsy.
Parents and caregivers of young or grown children with epilepsy meet once a month to provide support to one another and discuss the various topics and/or challenges of life from a caregiver’s perspective.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Seizure Types
- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
- Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures (PNES)
- Anti-Seizure Medication
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Complementary Therapies
- Ketogenic Diet Therapy for Epilepsy
- Drug-Resistant Epilepsy
- Planning for your Healthcare Appointment
- Seizure Response Dogs
- Epilepsy and Learning Challenges
- Epilepsy and ADHD
- Helping Children with Organization and Planning
- Epilepsy and Memory (Children)
- Physical Activity and Epilepsy
- Epilepsy and Driving in Ontario
- Drug Benefit Programs in Ontario