Updated: January 13, 2021
In light of Public Health recommendations, Epilepsy Ottawa staff continues working from home and our office at the Bronson Centre is temporarily closed.
We understand that this is a concerning time, and we will continue to provide support in a number of ways.
- We have forwarded the Epilepsy Ottawa phone line to a cell phone, so you will be able to reach support services by phone.
- NEW: We started providing UPLIFT by teleconference. UPLIFT is a mindfulness-based cognitive behavioural therapy program for people with depression or anxiety. We run UPLIFT groups for adults with epilepsy and for parents/guardians of people with epilepsy.
- We offer support meetings online (e.g. Skype, Facetime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facebook Video Chat).
- Our monthly Parent Support Group and Social Group are now on Zoom. Please check out our event calendar for upcoming dates. RSVP on the event pages to receive the meeting link.
- We now host a weekly Daytime Social Group on Mondays at 1pm. The group meets by Zoom. Please check out our event calendar for upcoming dates. RSVP on the event pages to receive the meeting link.
- We are working with community epilepsy agencies across Ontario to coordinate a webinar series. You can watch previous webinars on Facebook. Check out these links: Epilepsy Ottawa, Epilepsy Toronto, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario, Epilepsy South Central Ontario.
- We will connect you to other online resources on our Facebook Page and private Facebook Group. For example, we will share links to Epilepsy Toronto‘s webinar series that begins on April 2nd at 2pm when Dr. Evan Lewis talks about Covid-19 and epilepsy.
- We are looking into ways to provide more support services from a distance. Please check epilepsyottawa.ca for updates in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your understanding.
Take care of yourselves and each other.
WAYS TO CONTACT US
Join our Facebook group Epilepsy Ottawa Social to stay connected: facebook.com/groups/epilepsyottawa