6-month contract, Full time, Start date: July 2021
Are you passionate about making a difference for people impacted by epilepsy? Are you interested in neurotechnology? Then come join the Epilepsy Ottawa team for a 6-month study coordinator position. The coordinator will play an active and integral role in conducting the community-based testing of a neurotechnology to assist people living with seizures to self monitor their seizures. The coordinator will work closely with the Epilepsy Ottawa team, our clients, our industry partner, and our community partners to conduct the study. The position will report to Epilepsy Ottawa’s Executive Director.
- The Study Coordinator will primarily work from home.
- Once it is safe to do so, the Study Coordinator will participate in face-to-face team meetings and carry out some of their duties at Epilepsy Ottawa’s office.
- Recruit participants for research study, including though community partners.
- Lead potential participants through eligibility and informed consent process.
- Coordinate distribution and collection of study materials.
- Conduct interviews ranging from 15 minutes to 3 hours.
- Provide assistance to participants over the phone or by video conference.
- Data collection/data entry using RedCap and Penelope.
- Coordinate with research partners, including the industry partner.
- Candidates must have graduated within the last 3 years, ideally from a research-based Masters or PhD program (preferred) in neuroscience or a related field.
- Candidates must not have been previously supported through the OBI Internship Program, unless otherwise agreed upon by OBI.
- Demonstrated ability to implement research and/or evaluation projects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and the public
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with individuals that are part of a vulnerable community or are living with a chronic health condition.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple issues and meet deadlines.
- Experience in engaging with industry and relationship building an asset.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook 365.
- Experience with using RedCap an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to start of employment.
About Epilepsy Ottawa
Epilepsy Ottawa is a not-for-profit, charitable agency dedicated to improving the quality of life for those living with epilepsy or seizure disorders and those closest to them through support services, education, advocacy, and on-going public awareness. The agency provides services to those affected by epilepsy in the Ottawa region, including the wider rural communities (Lanark County, Renfrew County, Prescott-Russell County, and Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Counties).
Epilepsy Ottawa is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know through your cover letter.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 9:00am on May 19, 2021.
While we appreciate all applications – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.