We provide information, resources, and community referrals to people with epilepsy and their families.
A Clinic to Community Educator will provide you with the tools you need to make informed decisions as you begin to play a more active role in your own healthcare. You can meet with an Educator one-on-one or with your parents, family members, or friends – whichever would make you feel the most comfortable to freely ask questions and discuss your epilepsy.
This program covers topics including seizure management, seizure safety, driving, alcohol, school, and employment. Meetings include plenty of time for you to ask your questions and have a full discussion on the areas you are most concerned about.
We have a variety of family-friendly community events a few times a year, including craft workshops, baking, and games nights. See our events calendar for upcoming meetings or email Sandi to get notifications when new community events are scheduled.
Epilepsy Ottawa provides a variety of services to support people with epilepsy in the workplace, including assistance with accommodation, safety plans, and other resources.
Epilepsy Ottawa provides a variety of services to support people with epilepsy at school, including assistance with accommodation, safety plans, and other resources.
Seizure Smart is a free program for schools, workplaces, and other groups that want to learn more about epilepsy and how to help someone having a seizure.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Seizure Types
- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
- Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures (PNES)
- Anti-Seizure Medications
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Complementary Therapies
- Ketogenic Diet Therapy for Epilepsy
- Drug-Resistant Epilepsy
- Planning for your Healthcare Appointment
- Epilepsy and Memory (Adults)
- Epilepsy and Depression
- Epilepsy and Anxiety
- Epilepsy and Women
- Seizure Response Dogs
- Physical Activity and Epilepsy
- Epilepsy and Driving in Ontario
- Drug Benefit Programs in Ontario
- Financial Support in Ontario
- Life Insurance and Epilepsy
- Epilepsy and Employment
- Epilepsy Disclosure Chart
- Epilepsy Disclosure in the Workplace
- I had a seizure at work. Now what?
- Looking For / Finding Work
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employees
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employers